Monday, April 6, 2009

An Update – Part 1 of 2

I realized that I wrote a blog post a few months back that explained one of the motivating factors for me personally to get to a much higher level of Raw Foods.

While I am not 100% Raw and don't actually advocate that unless there is a mitigating factor like life threatening illness, or immediate issues, I am making every reasonable attempt to have the Raw % as high as practical.

My previous experience has been my ability to get off my medicine completely. I did this in 2007, and I believe this was due to 2 very clear factors which when they were changed, so was my health.


  1. Weight. I have ALWAYS been a heavy guy. When I experienced freedom from hypertension it corresponded with my weight dropping 20%. I could have actually lost even more weight and still been very healthy. Weight and Hypertension go hand in hand. I was eating incredible amounts of food! I was eating Raw Foods 4 out of 7 days on average, and most of that was Raw Food treats, not the more fundamental building blocks of Fruits, Veggies, Nuts and Seeds. I'm not saying this is healthy, however the results speak for themselves.
  2. Nutrition/Enzymes. Just losing weight isn't necessarily enough. I'm not convinced that weight alone did this because I was diagnosed with hypertension when I was not nearly at my heaviest. I believe the weight loss itself, and change in symptoms were also due to the fact my body was being fed comparatively huge amounts of enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Considering that I might have been eating way more calories than ever (Young Coconut Meat, Avocados, Nuts all have high caloric content) I was losing huge amounts of weight. Some of that had to be the colon cleansing and water retention change as well.

These factors forced me to make a real decision… medication and weight struggles for the rest of my life, medication free life with no change to my nutrition and risking stroke, or changing my nutrition with a long term vision and getting off medication.

I am not doing this without medical supervision! I don't recommend that for people with my risks. When I get dizzy or light headed, I will take my BP, and make small adjustments to my meds, but I have agreed to my wife's request, and will get an eventual check up before removing all my meds.

Sean Henry/PracticallyRaw

No comments:

Post a Comment